phpBB Group announces the release of phpBB 2.0.20, the "Golden Super
Furry Linen" edition. This release is a cumulative bug fix update, as
well as including a number of minor security fixes. We have also
introduced a new feature to allow you to limit how often a user may
conduct a search if you find that searches are putting a load on your
server, as well as changing the default permissions on new forums so
that you must explicitly make them available for guests to post in
and enabling visual confirmation by default on all new installs.
As with all new releases we urge you to update as soon as possible.
You can of course find this download available on our downloads page
As per usual four packages are available to simplify your update.
Contains entire phpBB2 source and English language package
Changed Files Only
Contains only those files changed from previous versions of phpBB.
Please note this archive contains changed files for each previous
Contains patch compatible patches from the previous versions of
Contains step-by-step instructions in MOD format for updating
heavily MODified installs
Select whichever package is most suitable for you.
Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/
before proceeding with installation or updates!.
It is important that you carry out both parts of the update -
updating the files and running the database update script - for
updates to be complete.
What has changed in this release?
The changelog (contained within this release) is as follows:
* Prevent login attempts from incrementing for inactive users
* Do not check maximum login attempts on re-authentication to
the admin panel - tomknight
* Regenerate session keys on password change
* retrieving category rows in index.php (Bug #90)
* improved index performance by determining the permissions
before iterating through all forums (Bug #91)
* Better handling of short usernames within the search (bug
* Send a no-cache header on admin pages as well as normal
board pages (Bug #149)
* Apply word censors to the message when quoting it (Bug #405)
* Improved performance of query in admin_groups (Bug #753)
* Workaround for an issue in either PHP or MSSQL resulting in
a space being returned instead of an empty string (bug #830)
* Correct use of default_style config value (Bug #861)
* Replace unneeded unset calls in admin_db_utilities.php -
* Improved error handling in modcp.php
* Improved handling of forums to which the user does not have
any explicit permissions - vanderaj
* Assorted fixes and cleanup of admin_ranks.php, now requires
confirmation of deletions
* Assorted fixes and cleanup of admin_words.php, now requires
confirmation of deletions
* Addition and editing of smilies can no longer be performed
via GET, now requires confirmation of deletions
* Escape group names in admin_groups.php
* Replace strip_tags with htmlspecialchars in private message
* Some changes to HTML handling if enabled
* Escape any special characters in reverse dns - Anthrax101
* Typecast poll id values - Anthrax101
* Added configurable search flood control to reduce the effect
of DoS style attacks
* Changed the way we create "random" values for use as keys -
* Enabled Visual Confirmation by default
* Changed handling of the case where a selected style
doesn't exist in the database
* Changed handling of topic pruning to improve performance
* Changed default forum permissions to only allow
registered users to post in new forums
Som vanligt rekommenderar vi alla att uppdatera omgående!